President Trump caused a stir a few weeks ago when he took to Twitter to bitterly complain and moan about not being chosen as TIME’s Person of the Year while still trying to pretend that he wasn’t actually interested in the award – which he obviously was and still is.
Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 24, 2017
He was immediately admonished by former TIME editors and by the magazine itself, who pointed out that this “phone call” was fictitious and the finalists weren’t going to be released until much later.
Those finalists have now been released, and President Trump is definitely going to be livid when he hears who his competitors are:
- Jeff Bezos, creepy billionaire and Amazon.com founder
- The DREAMERS, the children of undocumented migrants who have spent their entire lives in the US but are facing deportations from the Trump administration
- Patty Jenkins, director of blockbuster hit Wonder Woman
- Kim Jong-un, dictator of the People’s Republic of North Korea
- Colin Kaepernick, NFL quarterback and the man behind the mass movement of NFL players protesting police brutality and systemic racism by taking a knee for the national anthem during football games
- The #MeToo movement of raising awareness and women sharing their stories about the epidemic of sexual harassment and assault that pervades every level of American society
- Robert Mueller, the former FBI director who is currently leading the investigation into Donald Trump and his alleged collusion with agents of the Russian Federation
- Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the new leader of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia who recently launched a repressive crackdown against threats to his power.
- Xi Jinping, the President of the People’s Republic of China, with whom Trump apparently has a “great” relationship with.
On that list are two political protest movements against issues for which Donald Trump is the ultimate offender for, his business and political rivals, and the man who is going to destroy his political career.
No wonder Trump threw a tantrum! We shudder to think of how Trump will humiliate himself in his efforts to make himself feel better when he finally loses.