Bush’s Ethics Lawyer Just Issued An Urgent Response To Trump’s Native American Slur

George W. Bush’s former chief White House ethics lawyer, Richard W. Painter, has gained renewed attention for his outspoken criticism of President Trump. 

Today Painter did more than just criticize.  He called for the immediate removal of Trump from office, after the President insulted Navajo code talkers whom he was supposed to be honoring at the White House, by calling Senator Elizabeth Warren “Pocahantas” to their faces. To make matters worse, he issued his remarks while standing in front of a painting of genocidal murderer President Andrew Jackson, who oversaw the “Trail of Tears.” 


The ethics expert added in a later tweet that a member of a prior administration who had made a similar remark would have been fired because bigotry is “unAmerican.”


Painter did not stop at Trump.  He said if the spineless Republican majority in Congress fails to impeach the president for his growing list of Constitutional violations, then the American people should vote them out in 2018 and replace them with Democrats who will hold the president and his inner circle accountable for their desecration of everything to which this nation aspires.


Trump, who has frequently attacked Native Americans, achieved a twofer that his base will love by simultaneously insulting a woman politician and victims of American genocide who have nevertheless served our nation in war time (unlike the president).

The “Pocahantas” insult directed at Senator Warren — who is about 1/32  Native American, which is enough to qualify as a member of many tribes — is not even original.  Trump stole it from Warren’s former Massachusetts rival, Scott Brown.

While the 25% of American voters who love this president the lower he goes may enjoy his vile attacks on decency, Painter speaks for the other 75%, who can’t wait to bid good riddance to this corrupt, bigoted, misogynistic, vulgar, spoiled, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, lying, hypocritical, treasonous administration.

We eagerly await the day when we can tell the president and his Republican Congress, “You’re fired!”

Add your name to millions demanding Congress take action on the President’s crimes. IMPEACH TRUMP & PENCE!

Lucia Brawley

Lucia Brawley is a Harvard- and Yale-educated writer, producer, actor, and political organizer. She runs the progressive political Facebook group Consenting to Lead. To learn more, please go to luciabrawley.com.

What do you think?